Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Life on the PBA Tour











Hello Everyone!

I'm really sorry that I have not been blogging on my website on a consistent basis, but I'm hoping that will change as of now. However, I hope all of you have been checking out Missy's Memo on pba.com! Check it out every Tuesday!

Just to recap how life on the tour has been going thus far, one word truly summarizes it - BUSY! With not only bowling in the women's series events, but also working for the PBA doing PR, I've had little time left to myself, to say the least. However, staying busy is not a new thing for me, so it's o.k.

Here are a few highlights from the PBA Tour thus far:

PBA World Championship - Wichita, Kan.
  • Doing a million interviews on Xtra Frame is always fun! The event marked my first time interviewing the PBA players, and I'm not going to lie I was a little nervous, but I think they are getting better now. Check them out!

  • Seeing Norm Duke make PBA History by becoming the first player to win three consecutive Majors on the PBA Tour was an awesome sight! Check out my exclusive interview with Norm!

Pepsi Viper Championship - Omaha, Neb.

  • Halloween was really fun, even though I failed to make the cut to match play. After the night block was done bowling, a bunch of us went to Scary Acres - an outdoor haunted attraction that was seriously in the middle of no where (which made it even scarier). The outdoor scare fest was complete with a corn maze, haunted house, really scary maze outside in the woods with guys carrying chainsaws and a haunted castle.
  • The welcome dinner charity event that Thunder Alley hosted was really fun and it was a great way for the players to mingle with the center staff and help raise money for the charity. (Pictured above with PBA exempt players Michael Haugen Jr. and Jason Sterner)

  • The venue - Thunder Alley was absolutely gorgeous and was arguably one of the nicest bowling centers I've ever been in, complete with a food court, full sports bar/restaurant, huge game room similar to Dave & Busters, Lazer Tag and Go Karts.

  • It didn't snow! However, I heard that Omaha got 36 inches of snow the week after we left. Yikes!

Lake County Indiana Golden Anniversary Championship - Hammond, Ind.


  • Watching the Senior PBA players compete on TV again for the first time since 2001. It was great seeing the Senior bowlers compete alongside the PBA Tour.
  • When I had to interview Hugh Miller after he lead qualifying in the senior event, he said "I haven't seen you since you beat me at that PBA regional you won in Pacifica!" My response - "Hi! Can I interview you please???" (A little awkward, lol!)

  • My roommate Shalin Zukifli cooking shrimp curry and shrimp fried rice in our hotel room using a small cooker and still making a feast of food. It was really good! (Picture above)

Ultimate Scoring Championship and Chameleon Championship - Taylor, Mich

  • Driving in the snow for 4 hours from Hammond, Ind. to Taylor, Mich. which was only the second time EVER that I had driven in the snow. But we made it there safe and sound. (Picture above)

  • Seeing the large crowds at the bowling center during the entire week, which exemplified the big bowling area that Detroit has always been.

I promise to write a blog at least once a week with more in depth details of the week on tour. Be sure to stop by and check them out!

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures!

No comments: