Saturday, October 6, 2012

Missy Takes Over Lead in World Bowling Tour Rankings after Thailand

Last week, I competed in the World Bowling Tour Thailand Stop at Blu O Paragon in Bangkok, the 10th stop on the World Bowling Tour.

I had such a great time sightseeing, experiencing the culture, meeting new people and eating the yummy food. While in Thailand, I had the opportunity to visit Ayutthaya, the old capital of Thailand that is a city full of temples.

I visited two temples, was able to experience many of the rituals of the Buddhist religion, had the most amazing pad thai I've ever tasted, and got to feed and ride an elephant. It was an amazing week!


As far as the bowling goes...I qualified for the finals with my highest 9 games totaling +283. I did not receive any byes into the finals and therefore had to compete in the first round of the finals. I started out very strong, stringing the front 8 strikes the first game using my Columbia Wicked Encounter, shooting 266. I followed it up with a 236 and 237. Then hit a very tight pair and shot 177. I came back with a 218 and ended the block with a 183 for 1365 (with my 8 pin per game handicap.) I was leading that finals squad for most of the day, but ended up in 5th place and qualified for the next round, as the top 10 players advanced.

The next round of the finals, all pins were dropped and 26 bowlers competed for the top 12 spots to advance to the next round. The next finals round also consisted of 6 games. I struggled this round to find a consistent line and carry. I shot 203, 178, 183, 203, 201 and 214. I ended up missing the cut to the next round by only 48 pins. The scores were very low for this round. Although I was bummed that I hadn't qualified for the next round, I was happy with my first performance using Ebonite International products, finishing in 28th place (for both men and women.)



The major accomplishment for the week was gaining 35 points in the World Bowling Tour for competing in this event. Those points propelled me to take over the lead in the World Bowling Tour Rankings for 2012 with only two more stops remaining.

Check out the standings of the World Bowling Tour.



No comments: