Friday, November 2, 2012

Missy Having Fun in Australia!



Last week, I competed in the Australian Adult Championships and the Australian Masters at AMF Rooty Hill bowling center, just outside of Sydney.

Prior to competing in the tournament, I spent a couple of days sightseeing in Sydney. I stayed in Darling Harbour, which was very convenient as it's within walking distance of all of the major attractions. I first went to the Sydney Opera House and took a tour of the magnificent structure. I could seriously sit and look at it all day! I actually didn't know that the Opera House consists of 5 theaters total and two main theaters. I'd absolutely LOVE to see a symphony there one day!


After the opera house, I went to Taronga Zoo. It's situated across the harbor from the opera house, so I had to take a ferry to get there. On the ferry, I got the most amazing views of the entire Sydney skyline! The zoo was a lot of fun and I especially loved seeing the kangaroos and Koalas! 


After the zoo, I was brave and took the public bus system, which is very nice but a little confusing to use. I went to Bondi Beach. Bondi Beach is Australia's surf haven. The waves were pretty big and there were plenty of surfers and bodyboarders riding the waves. I also got an amazing gelato at Bondi Beach! It was the flavor of my FAVORITE candy bar in the entire world - Bounty! Super yummy! 


After the beach, I walked around Circular Quay and the harbor by the Opera House as the sun was setting. It was a really hot day and I did get a little sunburned, but I had an amazing time! 


The next day, I walked around Darling Harbour and went up the Sydney Tower, which offered amazing views of the entire city! I also visited the Chinese Friendship Garden and Queen Victoria Building, an old but gorgeous building offering high-end shopping. In the afternoon, I then headed to Rooty Hill for the tournament. 

View from the Sydney Tower

Chinese Friendship Garden




No comments: