Friday, May 27, 2016

PWBA Sacramento Open


A couple of weeks ago, we competed in the PWBA Sacramento Open at Steve Cook's Fireside Lanes.   Coming in 3rd place at this event last year, I definitely had my sights set high for a great week.

This week, we competed on a 45' pattern using fire oil.
My Scandal looked great, but it seemed that I didn't have anything to go to once that ball started to burn up. So I drilled two more Scandals - one with a similar pin placement to the original, but with a weight hole, and the other with a bigger pin distance (5" pin.) All three Scandals are layed out pin up.


During the first block of qualifying, I started with my original Scandal with 500 grit. I shot 214 and 176. I then switched to my Scandal with the weight hole and shot games of 230, 217, 209 and ended with a nice 268 game for +114. This put me in 7th place going into the final 6 games of qualifying.

After a short break, we came back for our final 6 games of qualifying. I shot 234 the first game using my original Scandal with light 500 grit. The next game I struggled shooting 180. I then switched to my Scandal with the weight hole to shoot 200 and186. I needed a little more length and decided to switch to my longest pin Scandal (above, right) and shot 212 and 215 for +141 overall, which put me in 13th place going into the casher's round.

In the casher's round, I couldn't seem to figure out a good line to stay consistent and carry. I struggled and ended up coming in 25th place in the tournament. Although I was disappointed with my finish, it was still a good week.

After the PWBA Sacramento Open, Clara Guerrero and I held our first of several clinics that we are conducting throughout the PWBA Tour Season. For more on the clinics, check out my next blog!

Until next time!

No comments: