Sunday, September 21, 2008

PBA West Region Pain Center Arizona Open


Last weekend I competed in the PBA Regional tournament held in Sun City, AZ. The event was awesome with several sponsors hosting booths at the center all weekend, like Verve energy drink http://www.bowlingenergy.com/ and the Pain Center of Arizona along with others. We also had a great fan base watching the tournament all weekend, which added to the atmophere of the event.

The tournament was low scoring. We bowled on the Scorpion pattern and -30 made the first cut. I finished -2 after qualifying, after a 145 first-game start. =(

Then in Sunday's semi-finals, I shot +44 for the 5 games, finishing in 12th place going into matchplay.

In the round of 16, I faced Ron Simonis from Mesa, AZ. In the best 3 out of 5 match, I defeated Simonis 3-0 in the first round.

In the round of 8, I then faced Jason Williams from Seattle, WA. He then proceeded to sweep me, beating me 2-0 in the best 2 out of 3 match.

So overall i finished 8th in the tournament.

Besides the bowling, it was great hanging out with my friends from Arizona all weekend long. The 5-hour drive home seemed to drag on forever, but other than that the weekend was a lot of fun!

No comments: