Monday, December 8, 2008

Cheetah Championship in Buffalo, N.Y.




This past week the PBA Tour ventured to Buffalo, N.Y. for the Cheetah Championship. Prior to the start of the tournament, my roomie Shalin, Joe Ciccone and I went to the Saber's ice hockey game. Although they lost, we still had fun.


However after the game we had a big surprise. We came out to blizzard-like weather. It was so windy that the snow was blowing sideways and was getting in our face. So the drive home was a little adventurous, but less so because Joe (a Buffalo resident) was driving.


The week overall was o.k. I lead the first block of qualifying and then had a little trouble in block two, but made the top 10 cut with no problems. In the round robin match play finals, I struggled a little bit with execution and managed to come in 7th overall.


The big surprise came when we all went to leave the bowling center that night. A snow storm had blown in and left 6 inches of snow on the ground and on our cars. Needless to say, this week marked the first time I used a snow scrapper and brush. It was great seeing our boots disappear as we walked to the car.


My roomie and I also went to Niagara Falls. I have been there many times in the past, but never seem the falls all covered with snow. It was gorgeous! And although Shalin and I nearly froze to death, we got a lot of great pictures in the meantime.


This week we are in Baltimore, MD and I am spending a few extra days in the Washington D.C. area since I have never been here before.


Watch the scores from the Lumber Liquidators Shark Championship on pba.com.

No comments: