Sunday, March 15, 2009

Missy in Malaysia











Hello from Malaysia!


The 32nd Canon Malaysian Open started this past Friday, March 13th at Sunway Pyramid Mega Lanes inside Pyramid shopping center. Pyramid shopping center is HUGE - four levels and really spread out. There's even an ice skating rink in the center and theme parks outside. So needless to say I haven't been bored. Prior to the start of the tournament I have been seeing the sights, shopping and eating lots of yummy food in Kuala Lumpur.


I went to the Malaysian National Museum in downtown KL and learned more about the Malaysian culture and history. Outside the museum is a traditional Malaysian village house made out of wood and tree leaves for the roof. See picture above.


I've also been eating a lot of really good food! From Indian, Chinese, Malaysian and Thai ,the food may look a little different but it all tastes yummy. We went to an outdoor Indian restaurant where a banana leaf is your plate and your hands are your utensils. See picture above.


I also had a Thai massage while I've been here because massages and facials are so cheap compared to the U.S. An hour massage is only $20.


The other day we did the craziest thing ever! Inside pyramid shopping center, we had a fish pedicure. Yes, FISH! It was so weird. You put your feet inside a fish tank full of minnows and the fish eat all of the dead skin off the bottom of your feet. It tickles sooooooooooo bad! I was laughing so hard for 5 minutes that I was crying. Eventually I got use to it and it really worked. My feet are so smooth.

Check out the link below for more information on how I'm doing in the Malaysian Open and be sure to stop by my blog for more information as the tournament progresses. Till then...

No comments: