Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bowl Expo 2009 - Las Vegas, Nev.



This year I attended Bowl Expo at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. Only being to the giant tradeshow once prior, it was just as I had remembered - a lot of bowlers, pro shop operators, big wigs from all over the industry and of course ALL of the NEW products for the year.

Prior to the tradeshow, Brunswick and the Ebonite International brands both had special days set aside for pro shops. Monday was a Brunswick seminar with free food and drinks and each pro shop received a FREE Seige bowling ball. Then on Tuesday, we attended the Ebonite International and Etonic showcase, where I was able to demo all of the new balls from Ebonite, Columbia, Track and Hammer. My personal favorites were the Magic Touch and Evolve from Ebonite.

Then on Wednesday and Thursday we had the tradeshow. It's always fun going from booth to booth, seeing the massive variety of companies that attend. From the normal bowling ball companies to pizza vendors, if you can sell or use it in a bowling center, then it was there. My personal favorite booth was a toss up between the slushy machines with free samples and the personalized woodwork of a company which makes bowling pin design tables and artwork.

Be on the lookout for each company's new products, catalogs and posters in your local pro shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blogs, Missy. Keep 'em going and continued success on the lanes. Great pictures, my wife and I visited SF recently for the first time and I blogged about it as well. A few blogs in fact.

No bowling for me this summer (except practice) but I'm planning on dropping in at Secoma Lanes in Federal Way, WA in a couple of weeks to support some friends at a regional PBA event. I've heard Walter Ray is actually going to bowl it and do some clinics. You oughta head up north to "take him down a notch". : )

Joe