Sunday, August 16, 2009

Viper Championship

This week I found myself in unfamiliar territory. I had to withdraw from the tournament after only bowling two games of qualifying. I have NEVER withdrawn from a tournament before, so it was an upsetting experience but it was for the better.

As previously mentioned, I had a pulled groin muscle from the U.S. Women's Open. I thought it had enough time to rest, choosing not to bowl from Sunday (after the TV show was taped) until our Friday practice session.

I had stopped limping two days before heading out to Detroit. My leg was feeling a lot better, so I practiced on Friday and everything seemed to be OK. However, that night my leg started hurting pretty bad. So I tried bowling qualifying on Saturday but wasn't able to finish the games.

In normal circumstances I would have loved the condition we bowled on. The lanes were hooking a lot due to the surface we were bowling on and throwing the ball hard seemed to be the advantage. Normally that is right in my wheelhouse, but I wasn't able to really use my legs or stay down at all. So I decided to withdraw instead of risking hurting myself more.

The good news is that I don't bowl again until Wednesday, which is qualifying for the Chameleon Championship. I'm most likely going to skip the practice session on Tuesday and just watch the other girls bowl to see how the lanes are.

The extra days off should help my leg to heal a bit. Til then...

No comments: