Tuesday, October 20, 2009

In the Off-Season




First off, I'd like to thank all of you that tuned in to watching the U.S. Women's Open TV Shows. I really appreciate all of the support and love hearing from all of you.

Now that I am in the off-season and am not bowling a whole lot (as you can see from my calendar), I thought I'd mention what I've been doing in my spare time. =)

Due to my leg injury, which I must say is healing well, I haven't been bowling as much or practicing a lot. Unfortunately, the only way for a pulled groin muscle to heal is by resting it. So...I have been doing just that. I am happy to say that I can bowl 3-4 games without wrapping it and it doesn't hurt. So little by little it is getting back to where it should be, and I should be 100% when the tour starts up again in January.

So, besides giving a lot of lessons, I have been keeping busy with two main things - ONE - the wedding (since I got engaged in July) and TWO - buying a house. Both of those things are VERY time consuming and can be fun and a little nerve-racking at the same time.

The very first thing I did after returning home from being on tour was to set a wedding date and secure a location for the big day. We set the date - I am getting married in September of 2010. And the venue is rather unique.

My fiancee, Drew and I only went to one wedding venue and immedately knew that was the place. We decided to get married on a yacht in Newport Beach Harbor. This was definitely not what I had pictured, but upon visiting the site and knowing my love for the beach, it was all but perfect!

As for the housing situation, we are still working on it.

Stay tuned for more updates...

No comments: