Saturday, April 23, 2011

USBC Women's Championships


Hello all!

This week I am in Syracuse, NY bowling in the USBC Women's Championships and the USBC Queens event.

We are competing at the OnCenter convention center in Syracuse, and I have already completed the USBC Women's Championships. We bowled Team event on Thursday night. Our team consists of myself, Lisa Pawlak, a former Team USA member from the Chicago area, Lynda Barnes (who needs no introductions), Tennelle Milligan (who also needs no introductions) and Maxine Nable, an ex-PWBA player from Australia. The carry on our pair was pretty brutal, with everyone on our team leaving at least one pocket 7-10. It was crazy!

I used my Bank, which I had polished and shot 205, 269 and 191 for a 665 series. Lisa shot 573. Lynda shot 633, while Tennelle shot 595 and Maxine shot 598 for a team total of 3064 (+64). Scores are pretty high for team event, so we aren't too high up in the rankings.

Then in doubles, I started out using my polished Bank again, but then later switched to my AMF Shred-IT, as we bowled on the burn (not fresh oil). I bowled with Lisa Pawlak, and we started out with a bang, as Lisa shot 244 and I shot 245 the first game. The second game, Lisa continued to strike, shooting 248 and I shot 210. Needing a big last game to take over the lead, we ended up a bit short, Lisa shooting 180 and myself shooting 236. We shot 1363 (+163) for doubles, which is in the top 15 (as of right now).

In singles, I continued to use my Shred-IT and shot 256, 208 and 202 for a 666 series. I shot 2022 (+222) for all-events, which is also currently in the top 15.

We are now competing in the USBC Queens event that will span from today until April 27th. Check out www.bowl.com for more information, scores and to stay up-to-date.

No comments: