Sunday, January 11, 2015

Missy Makes Team USA 2015




This past week, I competed at the 2015 Team USA Trials at the Orleans Bowling Center in Las Vegas, Nev.

The tournament consists of 5 days in which 6 games are bowled on a different pattern each day for a total of 30 games. This year we competed on the following patterns:
-Tokyo 43'
-Seoul 39'
-Beijing 35'
-Montreal 41'
-Mexico City 45'

After the 5 days of qualifying, the top 3 men and top 3 women automatically earn spots on Team USA 2015. An additional 2 men and 2 women are selected to Team USA based on Team USA Trials. Then an additional 5 men and 5 women are also selected based on resumes. Two men and two women already qualified for Team USA 2015 based on Summer Team Trials.

Here's a brief synopsis of my week at Team USA Trials:
-Tokyo 43' pattern: I shot +63 finishing in 7th place overall on the day.
-Seoul 39' pattern: Shooting games of 218, 247, 265, 190, 210 and 176 for +106 and finishing in 8th place for the day
-Beijing 35' pattern: After a very rough start, I bowled a big last game to end up +33 and end up in 29th position on the day
-Montreal 41' pattern: Having my best daily finish of the tournament, I shot games of 201, 223, 269, 202, 265 and 212 for +172, finishing 2nd on the day
-Mexico City 45' pattern: Not the finish I was hoping for to end out the tournament. Struggled and couldn't really match up finishing 54th on the day

With the unique format of Team USA Trials, your daily finish on each pattern equals the amount of points you receive for that day. Add up all of your daily points for the 5 competition days and compare that with the rest of the field and that's where you finish in the tournament.

Despite my final last day of Team USA Trials, I finished in 6th place overall in the tournament.

I was selected to Team USA 2015 based on my resume and Team USA Trials performance.

Congratulations to Shannon Pluhowsky and Kamron Doyle for winning the 2015 Team USA Trials. Kamron became the youngest to ever win Team USA Trials at the very young age of 16 years old.

For the full story on Team USA Trials and to meet Team USA 2015, click here. 

No comments: