Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Life on the Road: PWBA Tour Edition

After the USBC Queens event, I hit the road for three PWBA tournaments in a row. Unfortunately the PWBA Wichita Open and the PWBA Lincoln Open did not go as planned. I did not cash in either event.

In Wichita, I shot +13 the first 6 games and +10 the second block of qualifying for +23 overall. I just couldn't seem to knock all 10 pins down that day, coming in 53rd place overall.

After the PWBA Wichita Open, Clara Guerrero and I held a clinic at West Acres Bowling Center. Everyone that attended seemed to have a great time and learned a lot.


My roommates and I stayed in Wichita for a few days before heading to our next stop in Lincoln, NE. Prior to leaving Wichita, we were able to practice at the Wichita State University campus. The bowling center is amazing and I truly appreciate Coach Lewis and Coach Vadakin for the tips and for allowing me to utilize the facility.



We also were able to experience a little bit of the Wichita River Festival that was going on while we were in town. We had some amazing fair-like food and enjoyed great company.


Then we headed off 4 hours on the road to Lincoln, NE. Unfortunately, I had a couple of visits to the ER while there. Although I did bowl in the event, I was definitely not fully myself and missed cashing again. This was very frustrating as the pattern was low scoring, which is usually my strong suite. I bowled a big last 2 games - 227 and 247 to try and sneak in, but unfortunately missed the cut to the top 32 by 28 pins.



BIG congratulations to my roommate Clara Guerrero for making the TV show as the No. 2 seed! Can't wait for her TV show taping in Green Bay, WI.

After the event, we then travelled 13 hours by car to Austin, TX to Clara's house. We had a great practices session the one full day we were in town.



I am now flying to Detroit, MI for a fun Ebonite International event at the Detroit Athletic Club and then will begin the PWBA Detroit Open later this week.

Be sure to stay tuned to www.pwba.com for up-to-date information on the PWBA Tour and watch all of the upcoming action LIVE on www.xtraframe.tv starting Thursday!

Until then! #letsbowl

No comments: