Thursday, June 30, 2016

PWBA Players Championship & Bowl Expo 2016


Last week, we travelled to Green Bay, WI for our 2nd major of the season - the Go Bowling PWBA Players Championship at Ashwaubenon Bowling Alley. 

Having bowled the USBC Masters and Queens at this same center last year, it was nice to be back. The proprietor Dave and General Manager Matt are amazing hosts! Plus Joel from the Greater Green Bay CVB always has a warm welcomes for all of the pros.

In between the PWBA Greater Detroit Open and this event, I was able to go home for a few days and rest and relax. 

I also drilled a few of the new EBI balls as well - The Columbia 300 Swerve GT, the Ebonite Game Breaker Phenom and the Track Heat Xtreme. I added these new balls, as well as my two new Ebonite Warrior Supremes to my arsenal. 

This week, we bowled on a 42' pattern using ice oil. I drilled a new Hammer Rebel prior to the start of competition in order to deal with the hooking heads that I might face towards the end of the block. 



Unfortunately, I couldn't get anything going on the lanes and had a very disappointing week. 

However, it was great to cheer on my roommate and Columbia 300 teammate Clara Guerrero. She bowled phenomenal all week long and qualified for the live TV finals as well as another previous taped show from the PWBA Lincoln Open. 

I hope all of you were able to tune in to CBS Sports Network on Sunday for the live finals. Clara put on a show and ran away with the title defeating Liz Johnson 175-199.  HUGE congratulations to Clara!!! I am so proud of you!!!



Now begins a crazy stretch of the PWBA Tour. Immediately after the PWBA Players Championship, the EBI women flew from Green Bay, WI straight to Bowl Expo in Las Vegas, NV to help promote our amazing brand for a few days. 

We had a lot of fun during the product showcase. This is a giant demo where all of the pro shops could come and demo all of the new EBI balls for this upcoming season.



The next day, we further promoted Team EBI and the Columbia 300 brand at the Bowl Expo Convention. I also made it over to the High 5 Gear and Vise booths.





We then took a red eye straight to the next PWBA Tour stop in Lexington, KY. 

After Lexington, KY, I will then fly straight to Arlington, TX for 3 days of intense training at the ITRC for our yearly Team USA training camp. Immediately following camp, I will be flying on to the next stop of the PWBA Tour in Rochester, NY. It should be a fun, but a crazy few weeks. Can't wait! 

Stay tuned for all of the action and follow along at www.pwba.com 

Until then! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great year on the Tour so far -- can't wait to see the pros in Rochester!