Monday, July 11, 2016

PWBA Rochester Open

This week we travelled to AMF Gates Lanes in Rochester, NY for the PWBA Rochester Open. 

The tournament was unique in the sense that there would be no re-oiling in between squads. It was a trial run for possible future events. 

We bowled on a 37' foot pattern this week using ice conditioner on 27.635 mL of oil.

During the first block of qualifying, I used my Track Paradox, Heat X-treme and New Ebonite Game Breaker 2 Phenom to shoot 200, 213, 267, 169, 232 and 216 for +97.


The next block of qualifying on the burn (no re-oil), I started with my Game Breaker 2 Phenom and shot 225 and then struggled again on the high end shooting 177 and 169. Needing some big games, I switched to my New Hammer Rebel and shot 247, 267 and 225 to get to +207, which put me in 9th place overall going into the casher's round.



The next day, I struggled in the casher's round. The lanes were flatter and definitely tricky. I ended up coming in 17th place in the tournament and missed the next cut to the top 12 for Matchplay. 

BIG congratulations to my roommate and Team C300 teammate Clara Guerrero for qualifying as the No. 2 seed for the TV Show! I'd also like to congratulate fellow Team C300 teammate Josie Earnest for making the TV Show as well! 

After the tournament, Clara and I both bowled the pro-am event on Sunday and then hosted a clinic immediate following. Thanks to everyone that came out!

Now it's on to Florida for a little R&R before the next PWBA Tour stop. #letsbowl 

No comments: