Monday, March 10, 2008

England National Championships




I am currently in Europe competing in tournaments for the next 3 weeks! After a long 10 hour flight, and one day of rest, it was off to bowl my first tournament!

This past weekend I competed in the England National Championships. This tournament is just like the USBC Open Championships, where bowlers bowl 3 games of team event, 3 games of doubles and 3 games of singles.

In team event we competed on a pretty tough sport shot. My team included (in the picture from left to right): Dan French, myself, Nikki Ainge, Matt Giles and Zara Glover. We are currently in 2nd place in the scratch team event!

In doubles, my partner Zara Glover (pictured above) held me up, shooting 690, while I posted a 629 for a 1319 doubles score. Zara and I are currently in 2nd place for scratch doubles.

Then in the singles portion of the tournament I shot games of 258, 215, 216 for a 689 series and am currently in first place for scratch singles!

And last but not least, I am in 2nd place overall for all-events with a total of 1942 for the 9 game set.

The tournament runs for a period of three weeks and will end next weekend (March 16th).
Stay tuned for more on Missy's European travels and bowling!

No comments: