Saturday, May 3, 2008

Queens Final Results!!!


Hello!

For those of you that watched the Queens action online, thank you for the support!

Here's a recap of the week at Queens in Detroit, MI:

After 10 games of qualifying I lead the 340-bowler field with +206. After the 5 games of semi-finals I finished in 3rd place and then was seated into the bracket style double-elimination matchplay finals.

I won my first match against veteran Linda Kelly 632-585. My next match ended up being really close and I squeezed out a win against Kathy Tribbey 602-599. My 3rd match I defeated Marcia Kloempken 637-575, after being down 54 pins after one game!

My next match was crucial! It was the match to determine who would make the TV show. I was paired up against Liz Johnson. Being down 50 pins going into the last game, I threw the front 10 at Liz, but she shot 258, locking me out. I lost with a 733 to her 754.

From there I went into the losers bracket and won my first match and then lost my next match.

I finished in the 7th-8th spot in the tournament.

Lynda Barnes came out victorious defeating Amy Stolz in the LIVE TV show finals.

4 comments:

Patrick McNeal said...

Sorry you didn't make it farther, but congratulations on doing so well! The announcer mentioned you were keeping score for them. How does that work?

Patrick

Missy Parkin said...

Thanks! =)

Yes, I was keeping score on the TV show. Which means I was in the booth with Chris and Dave Ryan and helping them tabulate the scores. I manually kept score for them on a big sheet of paper and let them know if a bowler was + or - a certain amount of pins during all of the matches. It was really fun

Patrick McNeal said...

Cool. Helps the announcers look good! ;-)
I'm looking forward to the U.S. Open. Are you in any other tournaments between now and then?

By the way, there are a few comments on earlier post. with links that point to virus-infected sites. You may want to delete them if you can.

Thanks,
Patrick

Missy Parkin said...

Thanks for the heads up about a few posts!

I am bowling a few regionals and going to Men's Nationals in late June. Besides that my next major tournament is the Women's U.S. Open.

Take care!