Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rohnert Park PBA Regional Event



Hello everyone!


This weekend I drove up north to Rohnert Park, CA to bowl in the PBA West/Northwest Regions Double Decker Lanes Open. It's an 8 hour drive from Fullerton to Rohnert Park, so I broke up the trip by driving to my friend Scott's house in San Francisco (which is only an hour-and-a-half away from the tournament).


Rohnert Park is very close to the wine country area of Northern California. So after the tournament Scott and I drove to a few wineries and also drove home using the scenic Hwy1 coastal road. Check out the pics above.


As far as the tournament goes... we bowled on Chameleon and the lanes were pretty tough. I started out with a 236 and then never shot 200 again, with my low game being 180. The cut was -20! I was close to the cut even up until the last game, but I fell short. The problem was not that the lanes were too hard or that I wasn't throwing the right ball. The problem was that I wasn't executing well.


So i'm actually glad I missed the cut this weekend. I know that sounds really weird. However it gave me a quick reality check that I need to practice and work on my game more. So I fixed some things in my game and have been practicing and working out a lot ever since. I guess the point of my blog being that bowling bad isn't always a bad thing; sometimes you just really need a humbling experience to get you back on track.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Ohh, I've got too many humbling experiences. Here's to next time.

Missy Parkin said...

Oh yes! I think we can all relate to that! LOL!

Are you bowling any upcoming regionals?