Friday, June 27, 2008

USBC Open Championships - Albuquerque, NM


Hello everyone!

This week, I drove to Albuquerque, NM to bowl the USBC Open Championships. The 12-hour drive, complete with a few pretty cool scattered thunder and lightening storms, was well worth the trip!

On Tuesday, I bowled two squads of the Bowler's Journal tournament, just to practice and shot 830 and 813 (for four games). The lanes were really difficult, so I was happy with my scores, even though I didn't cash in the tournament.

Then on Wednesday, we bowled the Sport Shot Challenge and I shot 457 for 2 games and cashed in the daily event.

Afterwards, we bowled team event and shot 3155! The team consisted of (from left to right in the photo) myself, Bryan Norton, Hall of Famer Virginia Norton, Scott Norton and my dad Frank Bellinder. We are currently in 36th place! I shot 710 in team event and broke the clean 30 pot!

On Thursday, we bowled doubles and singles at 7am! Yes, we bowled at 7am and that meant we had to be at the convention center at 6am! I am NOT a morning person, so bowling at 7am wasn't too fun! Keeping my eyes open was a bit of a challenge! LOL!

I didn't fair as well and shot 627 in doubles with my dad, and we shot 1191 as a doubles team. I then shot 577 in singles. So my all events total was 1914.

Stay posted for more blogs on my vacation trip home...

No comments: