Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!!! 2009!!!







I hope everyone had a Happy and safe New Year!

I definitely had a lot of fun this holiday season. I think being away from home makes you realize the things that are really important in life - family and friends. I spent a lot of time with my family and friends throughout the break.

In between Christmas and New Year, I took my nephews to Universal Studios to see my sister, Cindy in the Grinchmas parade. The park also had an entire Whooville Christmas area setup, complete with real snow for the kids to play in. So of course my nephews had fun throwing snow balls and playing around in it. The best part was seeing my sister dressed up as a Whoo and in stilts. My nephews didn't even recognize her.


On New Year's Day my entire family went bowling. It was really fun. Everyone in my family bowls, but it's hard to get all of us together and to the bowling center. We all managed to show up and bowled for about 2 hours before heading over to my Aunt's house for her stellar traditional dinner of chili and cornbread.


I hope all of you had an equally memorable holidays!


Stay tuned for the Don and Paula Carter Mixed Doubles Championship in Reno, Nev. which starts this Monday with qualifying.

No comments: