Sunday, January 11, 2009

National Bowling Stadium Championship - Reno, Nev.


Even though the National Bowling Stadium Championship was not a PBA Women's Series event, I decided to partake in the fun of a dual pattern event and bowl the TQR.


After many games from the mixed doubles tournament and getting done fairly late (10 p.m. the night before), I woke up early the next morning to bowl. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get enough sleep and wasn't fully awake until game two. I missed four (yes four!) spares in the first two games of the TQR. (And I don't miss spares usually.) And I managed to use the incorrect bowling ball on both of the PBA oil patterns (Shark and Cheetah) for the first game.


However, after game two I remembered how to bowl again and ended up at +93 for the seven games. I fell just short of cashing and making the cut into the tournament.


Although I didn't make it into the tournament, it was still a good week overall.


I also participated in a Vise video shoot for product promotional purposes. For those of you that haven't tried the new IT product, Vise skin tape or Vise triple roller bags, see your local pro shop operator for more information on these great products!


And...if you missed the TV finals of the National Bowling Stadium Championship, check out the final shoot that cost WRW Jr. another title. I don't know about you, but I though that shot was a flat 10 pin forcing a tie (NOT an 8-10!). Check out the footage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're not blogging on the PBA site anymore, but at least your're doing this. I think you're a very good writer.

I took the liberty of putting a link to your blog in mine, next to our league page and the PBA site. I hope you don't mind. I'll remove it if you'd like.

http://bowlingjoe.blogspot.com/

Best of luck to you in Medford. I used to always watch the event when the PBA stopped in Seattle. It's ironic that the PBA is headquartered in Seattle, yet the nearest event is over 360 miles away.

Joe

Missy Parkin said...

Hi Joe! Thanks for adding a link to my blog on your site. Medford was good and boy was the shot difficult.

I too think it's ironic that the PBA doesn't have a stop in Seattle. Although it's probably good we weren't there a few weeks ago. Hope you were safe in all of that weather!

Take care!