Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In Between Stops...



In between the Reno mixed doubles event and the Medford stop, my dad (who was traveling with me) and I decided to spend a few days in San Francisco with my best friend and fellow bowler Scott Norton. Scott is attending law school at UC Hastings in San Francisco and was just a few days shy of starting his last semester.


So my dad and I had a lot of fun doing touristy stuff around the Bay area. For starters, my dad has always wanted to go to Alcatraz, so we booked a tour and took a boat across the bay to "The Rock." If you ever have the chance, I highly recommend going there. It's crazy to hear about how the isolated island was used not only for a jail of the most highly acclaimed criminals but also originally as a fort and later as an American Indian activist site.


We definitely had our fair share of good food too! What's amazing about San Fran is that every store and restaurant is privately owned and is not part of a chain. So you are able to eat a variety of really good food. We had Thai, seafood at the wharf, Chinese in China town, Greek, Indian and Scott's famous tacos.


While in China town, we happened to do some shopping too. I love going to China town because of the shear rare things you can find. It was also fun to just window shop in some of the unique stores.


All in all it was great trip and a good way to relax for a few days in between tournaments.

No comments: